Saturday, 9 September 2017

I've read: thew minimalist

by Jessie Burton

I'm still not sure about this book. For some reason I had quite high expectations on it, and it ended up being a lot different from what I thought. 


I think what I liked best with this story was the setting, in the mid 1600 in Amsterdam. That's not exactly the usual scene for the books I read! Stories that takes place in an historical setting is interesting since you feel you get a sense of that time, and even though the story in itself might be fictional, it feels like you've learned something. 

There were definitely interesting and dramatic parts in this book that I liked, and reading it went pretty quickly, but it's just wasn't weird enough, I guess. Well written, for sure, but I don't know. I felt there were a certain aspect - the Minimalist  - that could have been weirder and more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment