Thursday, 3 August 2017

New Years resolutions, an update

If you've read this blog for a while you will know that in the beginning of January I set up a bunch of goals for the year, and that I have checked in on those goals every month to see how I'm doing (this is the latest status). This month I have decided to do something different. I've decided to skip looking back on the "old goals" as it's starting to feel repetitive and instead add a few new ones to spice things up. I feel I want to make a few small changes in my daily routines and I hope these new goals will help motivate me with that. By the end of 2017 I'll have a look back on all of my goals, the old ones included, to see how I've done!


So. Here are my new-new year's resolution for the second half of 2017:
  • Start scuba diving again
    either with a refresher course or just have Andreas repeat stuff with me
  • Become a person that runs
    My original task for this year was to run 10k, once. And I did! But then I lost all motivation and pretty much stopped completely. But I still want to conquer my self imposed image as a person who don't run. So. Instead if setting a limited goal I just want to Run at least once a week. It might be one kilometer, but as long as o get out for a while
  • Paint my fingernails with fun designs more often
    No need to explain this except that I realized my goal of painting my toenails more often was too boring. Toenail varnish lasts longer and you don't have too do it as often. 
  • Try galloping at least once
    On a horse. during a riding lesson, obviously. I tried it once when I took riding lessons as a kid and hated it. No I want to give it another go. This one depends on what my riding instructor has planned for me, of course. 
  • "Read" five of my architect-books
    Semi thoroughly. More than just look at the pretty pictures. 
  • Go 90 days straight without shopping clothes
    This shouldn't be all that hard, but considering ASOS ships to Brunei... this will be tough one for me. Underwear and necessary sportswear excluded. 
  • Eat vegetarian at least two days per week
    On average. And I should say "two meat free days a week" because I'll still eat eggs and lactose these days. 
  • Post three blog posts per week
    Also this on average. Resulting in minimum 156 in total by the end of the year 
  • Complete at least one project for my portfolio
    This would be one of the "made up" projects I've mentioned before, as I don't have real clients. Or possibly a competition if I find a suitable one. 
  • Take 90 kg in dead lift and 60 kg in deep squats
    In addition to my old goal - take 60 kg in bench. These goals are a bit ambitious for my level, FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment