Wednesday, 19 April 2017

wednesday, packing and a movie review

I had another blah day today. It started OK but then my mood for some unknown reason became worse and worse and I felt bored and useless. This led to me spending a few hours in the couch, watching Suicide Squad for the second time. This helped a little bit. Notice how I even tried to make myself fell happier by wearing this awesome banana-print tank top today!


Anyway. I want to say a few words about Suicide Squad. Prepare for a nerd rant: My expectations for this film were high. I mean, I love a good super hero movie, and even though I've become less enchanted with the DC Batman/Superman universe these past few yeasr (Ben Affleck as Batman!? Come on!) I still had high hopes for this one. I guess I was hoping for some Deadpool magic or something. But. This is a train wreck of a movie. Especially if you - like me - haven't read any of the comics these characters are based on. For the first 25 minutes they keep introducing new characters, with very little back story, and it's reeeeally hard to grow a connection to them. I mean, I probably would have liked Katana or Captain Boomerang or whatever his name is if I'd new more than two seconds worth of info on them. That's the first bad thing. The second is the plot. It's not very good. I mean the whole idea of using a gang of super-villains to counter other bad-ass bad guys is nice but it just jumps from one event to the other without much explanation. Nope. I was thoroughly annoyed.

But. 

Then we have the Harley Quinn / Joker love story. I love Jared Leto as the Joker and Margot Robbie did a great job too. And Will Smiths character - Deadshot is pretty awesome too. Mr Smith is a good actor, in my opinion. And then yes, there were a few really nice scenes when the Squad was interacting with each other. Plus - awesome soundtrack! Lot's of classics and a few new good ones. 

So yeah, I have a love/hate relationship to this movie. 

Anyway. I spent this evening packing and preparing for our trip tomorrow. I've tried - for once - not to over pack! We leave right before lunch and have a short flight - only 1,5 hours - to Ho Chi Mihn City. I hope going away the weekend will take my blues away so I can get back in business next week. *crossing fingers*

Good night, y'all!



1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip! It's been snowing here for the last two days, nothing permanent, just a few snowflakes. Still, I'm sending some sunshine your way, hoping you'll feel better soon. *-)

    ReplyDelete