Thursday, 21 January 2016

from this day forward, for better, for worse...

photo by Elsa Billgren


Me and Andreas, or the Amazing A as I like to call him here on the blog, have been together for 15 years. We first met in high school when we were 17, went to the same university, moved in together during our second year there and have lived together since. In Sweden, Germany and Norway. Marriage has never really been super important for any of us, I think we could have been together for the rest of our lives without ever getting hitched, but now circumstances have changed a bit and we had to make a decision (no, I'm not pregnant). Now all of a sudden getting married seems like a quite natural thing to do, and I'm really looking forward to it! A is my best friend, my family and an amazing person and I'm so happy that I found him.

We're getting married in February. Yup, pretty soon. And not much time to prepare the whole thing. Which in one way feels pretty good, as I've never had any big ideas on what I wanted. Now we just have to roll with it, do what feels right and make some pretty quick decisions without overthinking. I'm having way more fun planning than I thought, without becoming too much of a bridezilla. 

We're having our wedding ceremony in Gothenburg, with only our closest family attending. And then we'll celebrate with our friends the weekend after. We planned it like this because we started out thinking we wanted some pretty simple and thought it would make things easier, but in the end it just means we have to plan two events... Oh well, it will be fun! 

I'll let you know some of my ideas along the way, I will post about inspiration for my wedding dress, wedding hair and party decorations starting next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment